I have not been assigned a research paper in awhile. The last time I was assigned a research paper was in English in Junior year. In English we had too look up a specific category on the 1950's for example prohibition and do research about the topic. This Research paper was not hard at all, because all of the information was right in front of me. Ms Schonwetter gave us articles about our topic in class and we had to use the articles as sources. I did not enjoy the paper because it was a long process. If the process was a little shorter than the paper would have been more enjoyable. I felt that this research paper should't have taken up most of the second semester.
My research paper was about prohibition. I focused on prohibition because that topic was very interesting to me. I took interest in Prohibition, because I read a book in Class called the Great Gatsby. This book really opened my eyes to the things that one of the characters named Gatsby was doing to earn his money. I found looking more into prohibition interesting, because it was illegal and people could have gone to jail for awhile if they were caught. My teacher did give us choices on the topics we wanted to, but I found this topic most appealing to me.
This Research paper was very informative for me. It opened my eyes on prohibition and made me expand my ideas more on the topic. This research paper was good, but I still feel like it was too long. Overall I am glad that I did it on Prohibition, because even though it was long I did it on a topic that I found interesting and felt like I needed to know more about. Research papers are good for knowing more about a certain topic and not just using the internet for every source.
The first research assignment i remember ever having was the 5th grade. This research project was very simple and straight forward. I was in the elementary school and didn't like it too much. The research process was not to difficult. The research process involved going to the library alot and looking information up on the internet. I was young so I did not mind doing these things
I chose to write about Michael Jordan and how he had influenced the basketball world. This topic was most appealing to me because I liked basketball alot and enjoyed looking up my favorite players and the people who were the best. This was interesting, because players that i was never interested in started to catch my eye, because of the things that they were doing. My fifth grade teacher gave me this research project. The project was supposed to be done on the things that interested us the most.
The school librarian had an influence on this project. whenever we needed information we would just go to her and she would show us where to find it, which was very helpful. I remember using Google for this which was very help because it brought up everything I needed to know. I mostly used books for this and the internet. My Teacher/Librarian was trying to show us how to use an encyclopedia which was informative also. This was an early age to get a research project, but it was good for my learning experience.
In learning there are many different types of learners. I can characterize myself as a kinesthetic learner. I like to move around alot and learn things better through stationary assignments. Learning can be interpreted in different ways for different people, but to me moving around and learning is way easier.
I can also identify myself as a Linguistic learner. I can characterize myself as someone who understands vocabulary words very well and can relate them to the topic at hand and how they are being used. Even if I don't understand the word at first I can always refer to a dictionary to gain a better view of the word and the meaning of it. Being a Linguistic learner comes naturally to me.
My last learning can probably be characterized as an interpersonal type of learner. If someone does not understand something I can break things down to them and make it easier so they do not have trouble and they cant catch up in the long run. I am also good at talking to people and have good communication skills.
All of these learning skills and I feel like they all help me in different ways to be a better learner and help others out when they need help.
11/12/13
There have been many things that I have been eager to learn and want to know more about. One thing that I have been very eager to learn about is how can prostitution be resolved and can it ever be stopped? Prostitution has been an ongoing thing for awhile and it still hasn't been resolved to this day. Prostitution is a very bad thing and it also hooks with Trafficking.
There have been many documentaries about prostitution that I have seen and gained knowledgeable information from. These documentaries just consist of showing what life is after for these women who have been prostituted. For instance in one of the documentaries it said after being prostituted women are given drugs so they are not really conscious of what they are doing.
Prostitution has always gained my interest because it is world wide thing and it happens everywhere. I want prostitution to be resolved and stopped sooner or later because I don't feel like it should go on any longer and people should definitely try to take control of this problem at hand and makes steps to making this worldwide thing cease existence.
11/18/13There are many things that puzzle me about the world. When people don't take advantage of what they have in front of them and make blatantly obvious mistakes they are not supposed to make it confuses me. People also have people to instruct them and keep on the right path, but they still end up doing the wrong thing and I don't really understand why they don't see the opportunities this person is trying to offer them.
Another thing that is confusing to me is how police officers can give a 100$ ticket to a student because they don't have there student metro card, but it is between school hours. If the student is coming from school I feel like they don't deserve to get a ticket because we are obligated to go to school and take the bus home. Its only human for someone to forget there student metro card at home one day.
Police officers are inconsiderate about this and will do anything to give a ticket to the student. They are even rude when the student tries to explain themselves. This doesn't make much sense to me and is something that I am still very confused about,
No comments:
Post a Comment